Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Gettysburg Adventure

On July seventh I went to Gettysburg. It was late when we got there so we didn’t go to the visitor’s center and museum. We did get to go to Round Top, the cemetery, and the battle field.



We went to a hill called Round Top. During the war a Union soldier found the hill and saw Confederate soldiers hiding on the ground. The Union soldier called others and told them to help him defend the hill top. I learned that one of the Union captains got shot in the shoulder and called for help. Someone went to help him, but was shot and died.




At Gettysburg we went to the cemetery where Abraham Lincoln gave his Gettysburg Address. His speech lasted two minutes. It was only seven paragraphs long. In the cemetery there were lots of headstones. I saw a lot of fireflies.




Gettysburg was super fun. I would totally go again. Next time I hope we go to the visitor’s center, museum, and where we missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment